For those days and nights I crave a really good comfort food, I usually make my self this delicious Creamy Potato Soup. It is a simple recipe that you can make fast and really enjoy with family, friends or by yourself. What I love so much about this recipe is the creaminess savory and -of course- that it helps you get through the day, or after a tough day! Plus it has bacon and cheese, who does not love that?!
You will need:
- 4 cups of peeled potatoes and cut in cubes
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of uncooked chopped bacon
- 3 tbsp of chopped chives
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1. In a large pot, cook the potatoes in water over medium heat until tender.
2. Before straining the potatoes, save one cup of the water, then proceed to strain them. Strain the potatoes but save 1 cup of the water
3. In a sauce pan cook the bacon until it reaches crispy texture.
4. Blend the potatoes, the half and half, water, add salt and pepper to taste, 1tsp of garlic powder, until the mix becomes creamy. You can do this with a hand blender or with a food processor.
5. Mix the bacon, chives and cheese with the soup.
Serve and enjoy!