Pasta, pasta, pasta, I could never get enough of it! It’s such a versatile type of food, that I love it so much. There are so many different ways of preparing a good plate of pasta that sometimes it is easy to mess it up altogether. I’m a sucker for simple yet amazingly delicious recipes, so when I stumbled upon this one, I knew I had to share. I’ve never been a huge fan of this sauce in the ways I had tried it in the past but after this discovery, I feel like I’ve found my new go-to. This amazing two ingredient Alfredo sauce will be the easiest yet most delicious one you’ve had yet!
TikTok has been my favorite recipe book lately, in less than a minute I’m able to learn super simple recipes that I can cook on the daily. When I stumbled upon this recipe on the app, my jaw dropped. I honestly couldn’t believe it was that easy to make Alfredo sauce at home, and better yet, with no cream! The video was made by @jeremyscheck on TikTok and he goes on to explain how Americans very easily mess up such a simple sauce. I honestly had no idea that this was the original way of making Alfredo sauce until I stumbled upon this video.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Spaghetti – I used whole wheat spaghetti because that’s all I had at home, but it is recommended to use Fettuccine noodles for the sauce.
- Butter – You will need a lot of this one so make sure you’re prepared. Salted or unsalted, to your preference.
- Grated parmesan cheese- I would’ve loved to grate fresh parmesan over the noodles, but Kraft cheese will do.
- Pasta water – Save some on the side before you drain your pasta!
As for ratios within ingredients Jeremy recommends about 25:20:10 grams pasta to Parmigiano. I cooked 2 servings of pasta and used about 4 tablespoons of butter with around the same ratio of pasta water. As you increase your pasta servings, increase the ratio of butter and water as well.
Let’s get started!:
- Boil water on the stove for about 7 minutes, salt your water like ocean water!
- Add the noodles and cook for about 6 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain noodles and transfer them to a cold pan.
- Add your butter, cheese, and pasta water and mix all for 2 minutes.
The extra “kick” :
After having fallen in love with this recipe I’ve been able to make it enough times to add my own twist to it. Although Jeremy eats the pasta as is, I’ve enjoyed it with a bit more flavor!
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1-2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- Half of the chopped onion.
Pan fry the garlic and onions alongside the bacon, there’s no need to add additional oil to the pan just use the bacon grease. Cook until aromatic and drain some of the grease out of the pan. Add your sauced pasta onto the pan and incorporate the pan fried mixture into the pasta.