Have you ever craved a tropical sweet and spicy sauce that can go with amazingly well either with fish or chicken? Do you know that salmon has properties beneficial for your health? To name some of them, Omega-3, protein, multiples B vitamins, potasium, selenium, antioxidants and others. Now that we are heading into a yummy and nutritious meal -here- I bring you this delicious recipe with fresh mangoes for you to degustate!
- 1 ½ cups of Mango (it can be frozen)
- ⅓ cup of diced red peppers
- ¼ cup of diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ⅓ tsp of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ tbsp of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 4 salmon fillets
- Bunch of cherry tomatoes
Marinating Process (Mango Sauce)
- In a medium sauce pan add ½ tbsp of coconut oil, red peppers and onion. Sauteed at a low-medium heat until soften.
- Proceed to add the mango, garlic, spices and water, stir them and bring it to a low simmer for 5 min. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and leave it to rest for 5 min.
- Blend ½ cup of mango sauce.
- Sit the salmon in the the marinade for 15 or 30min (in the fridge) for an impacting flavorful taste.
- In a non-stick fry pan set at a medium-high temperature, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and toss the salmon until it reaches a golden-brown colour on both sides.
- Serve your salmon in a bed of the mango sauce, garnish with cherry tamatoes.