Before you continue reading, this is a Vegetarian and even Vegan friendly Recipe!
Today is Cinco de Mayo, more than eating tacos and drinking tequila, Cinco de Mayo is the day where the Mexican Army defeated the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. It is not observed as a national holiday in Mexico, but celebrations are held in different countries around the world. What is special about this particular Cinco de Mayo is the awesomeness that it falls on Taco Tuesday!
First and foremost, I want to apologize because I am no cooking savvy even less, a taco specialist. (Tears dropping out my left eye from disappointment.) I am vegetarian and love -let me emphasize, LOVE- tacos made out any veggies, whether roasted, grilled, boiled, I love them all.
I had the wildest most ridiculous thought of sharing my take on Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos. I do not guarantee you these tacos are going to be outstandingly delicious, but they do the damn trick! You can always play around with different seasonings, sauces, get crazy about, is up-to you, and your taste buds.
- 3 cups of Cauliflower Florets
- 2tsp of Garlic Powder
- 2tsp of Onion Powder
- 1tsp of Chili Flakes
- 2tsp of Cumin
- 1tsp of Ground Pepper
- Dash Of Salt
- 1 1/1 Tomatoes
- 1 Small Onion
- 2tbs of Cilantro
- 2 Lemons
- 4tbs of Buffalo Sauce
- Flour or Corn or whatever flavor tortilla you love
- Feta, Goat or any cheese, just cheese
Buffalo Cauliflower Prep
- Pre-heat your oven at 425 Fahrenheit (218 Celsius).
- I kinda break the cauliflower florets recklessly with my bare hands in small edible pieces. (I am no chef, just a kitchen adventurist.)
- To season the cauliflower, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, chili peppers, cumin, pepper, and a dash of salt. Toss the seasoning on the cauliflower making sure you are not seasoning some florets, and the others are bland. Voice of experience here.
- Place the cauliflower on a shallow roasting or whatever pan you have at home. Drizzle some olive oil over your florets.
- Put it in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, once is ready, bring it out and add about 4tbs of buffalo sauce. Whichever you want, I used one that burned the heck out me.
- That is it, you are good to go with your florets.
Pico de Gallo (Super simple, nothing too fancy)
- Cut your tomatoes, onion, chop your cilantro and throw them in a bowl.
- Squeeze the life out of your lemons and mix it all. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Getting that Taco Ready
- Toast your tortillas a little bit. I burn 3 while writing the recipe, keep your eyes on them. Highly recommended.
- Once ready, add your ingredients and top it up in however order you enjoy best.
- Squeeze more lemon to it!
- Get your tequila, salt, and lemon ready because you are heading straight to a wild, wild, taco ride!
Portions are for about 6 servings? Forgot to count, but somewhere along those lines!
That is it! Enjoy your questionable meal my people!
I hope it tastes as great as mines with the exception that I do not want you to burn yourself. You can add or take out some of the spices, I recommend to taste the spice mix before tossing it on the cauliflower. Trust your taste buds, do not trust me lol, you are eating this for the love of tacos! Jk! But if you do make this recipe, share the results with me in the comment section below.
Do not forget to give us a follow for more recipes, probs not from me, so feel relief about that. You can also stalk us on IG @awkwardlyvain and say hi!
Ugg… beacuse it does not end here! Here is some shrimp seasoned the same way as the cauliflower for all of you non-vegetarians!