Chicken breast is way better with Charming mushrooms! Sometimes we underestimate the flavor that mushrooms add to our plates. Even though, if you are not a fan of them, you can always substitute them for other delicious veggies. This recipe is as healthy as it is fulfilling. #Yumms!
Ingredients & Process
- 1kg (2.2 lbs) Chicken Breast Chopped in 2cm x 2cm (1″)
- 250g (2 cups) of Mushrooms
- 75g (1/2 cup) of Chopped Green Pepper
- 75g (1/2 cup) of Chopped Red Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 White Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 50g (1/4 cup) of Beluga Lentils
Follow us on Instagram (@The_Charming_Crumb) for more recipes and #foodporn pics from all over the world!
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic. Pour the 2 tbsp of Olive oil on a medium pan. Once your pan is heated, keep the temperature in medium. Add the onions until this ones turn transparent then, add the garlic.
- Once your onions and garlic are caramelized, bring the heat to high and sautée the chicken breast until all sides are fully cooked.
- Add the chopped peppers until soften.
- Proceed to add the mushrooms until they become juicy and soft.
- Finally add the tomatoes (cut in chunks), salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano (all to taste). Stir al the ingredients and bring the temperature to low.
- Wash the beluga lentils
- -Side note but highly informative- Usually the beluga lentils bring the instructions on how to cook them, they all require different water measurements according to the brand. The one’s that I purchased require 150ml of water.
- Bring water to a boil the add the lentils. Cover them until they start to simmer. Cook them for about 20mins. Add salt after cooking.
- Serve the lentils (first) with the chicken on top (as picture).