Hello and, welcome back to all our Awkwardly Voguish and The Charming Crumb friends! In this edition of our collaboration, you are going to learn how to roll (not your plant-based fix) but, your Matcha Swiss Roll! The fabulous thing about this recipe is that if you have any Matcha Powder from our last recipe, you can use it for this one as well! We understand that being in and out of our homes is a no go, so that is why we are going to keep your grocery store trips short. Have we tempted you impeccable palate yet? If your answer is a yes then, let’s start rolling!
- 125g (1 cup) Egg Whites (Refrigerated)
- 75g (1/2 cup) Egg Yolks
- 100g (2/3 cup) Cake Flour
- 25g (1/4 cups) Matcha Powder
- 130g (1 cup and 1 tsp) Granulated Sugar
- Splash of Milk
- 200ml (1 cup) of Heavy Cream
- 2g (1/2 tsp) Baking Powder
- Dried Strawberries (Optional but, highly recommended)
Cha, Cha, Cha… Time to do your Roll!
- Preheat your mighty oven to 200 Celcius or 390 Fahrenheit.
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder and, 15g (1/8 cup) of Matcha a couple of times (at least 5x).
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs yolks and add 25g (1/4 cup) of sugar. Whisk the mixture until light and volumed. When you lift the whisk, the mixture should pour slowly.
- Get yourself another large, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer (or get creative), add 75g (1/2 cup) of sugar slowly until reaching a foamy texture.
- Add half of the egg foam into the egg yolk mixture, fold the mixture a couple of times, once it is ready, pour it back on the rest of the egg foam and, continue folding.
- Add the dry ingredients, (A.K.A. the ones on step 2) into the bowl. Keep folding all of your ingredients, add a splash of milk and fold until they are combined.
- Cover your baking sheet (30cmx35cm) with parchment paper, pour the batter and tap it several times to eliminate bubbles.
- Bake for about 10-12min until golden. Once ready, remove the cake from the parchment paper and place it on a new one. Take this moment to roll the cake (while is hot) and let it cool down.
- Put the heavy cream, 5g (1 tsp) of Matcha Powder and, 30g (1/4 cup) of sugar into a large bowl, mix them (with the electric whisk) until the mix is smooth and spreadable. Add dried strawberries but, it is optional.
- Open your roll again (very carefully) and spread step 9 on your cake. Once it is ready, you can roll it again.
There you have it! The most perfect Matcha Swiss Roll you will ever have in a lifetime. Remember to send leave us some pictures and love in the comment section below. Quick question before rolling out, have you follow our Instagram pages yet? If the answer is no, I invite you to do so! For our Master Chef, @The_Charming_Crumb and, for your super cool writers follow, @AwkwardlyVoguish!